+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kenji

Thread: Silvergill Adept reveal itself for own cost?

Ligom is offline Common

Default Silvergill Adept reveal itself for own cost?

Can I reveal the Silvergill Adept card that I am about to cast to pay for its own cost?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Silvergill Adept reveal itself for own cost?

Of course not. What would be the point of having that ability if you could do that?
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Kenji is offline Scarce

No. By the time you're paying that cost, Silvergill Adept is already on the stack. Since it's not on in your hand, you can't reveal it from your hand.

Ligom is offline Common

ok how about if i have two of those in my hand, can I cast them both and pay for each of them by revealing the other one?

Kenji is offline Scarce

Creatures can't be cast unless you have priority while the stack is empty. That is, the second Adept cannot be cast until the first one has resolved and entered the battlefield. So, while of course the first Adept can have its cost reduced by revealing the second, the second Adept will cost 3 more mana because the first one is obviously no longer in your hand by the time you can cast the second.

And even assuming you gave your creatures flash somehow, it still doesn't work the way you want. You encounter the same problem as before -- when you cast the second Adept, the first one is also already out of your hand.

And, even if you could cast two spells and put them on the stack at the same time (read: you cannot do this, as the rules don't work that way), you have the same problem as before yet again -- you guessed it, the Adept you would reveal is already on the stack, and thus not in your hand.