+ Reply to Thread
    Blaster is offline Common

Default double mind control creature who controls creature magic official rulings faq

If other player plays a mind control on my creature can I play my own mind control on my own creature to gain control of it back? how does this work with 2 mind control enchantments on one creature?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: double mind control creature who controls creature magic official rulings faq

This is where timestamp is used. Timestamp says that the latest Mind Control is the one that takes effect.

Think of control-changing effects like a pile. If your opponent uses Mind Control on your creature, then their Mind Control is on top of the pile. If you then use your own Mind Control on that creature, yours goes on top of the pile, meaning it takes its own effect. If you Mind Control is destroyed, then your opponent's is now on top again.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Aurelius is offline Common

Default Re: double mind control creature who controls creature magic official rulings faq

how would summoning sickness work in this case? Because the creature was under my control for more then one turn. Other player plays a mind control so I lose control of it. Now I play my own mind control to get it back. Does the creature have summoning sickness again?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Yes. Summoning sickness doesn't care when the creature came into play, only when it came under your control. Since you haven't controlled the creature continuously since the start of the turn, it has summoning sickness.
    Fluttershy is best pony.