+ Reply to Thread
    battlefield is offline Uncommon

Default whenever you gain life draw a card, do i draw 2 cards for 2 life?

if a card says to draw a card whenever I gain life, and I gain 2 life, do I draw two cards?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: whenever you gain life draw a card, do i draw 2 cards for 2 life?

No. You draw a single card for each instance of life gain, no matter how much life is gained.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

is it per turn?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

...is what per turn?
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Life gain instance

Kenji is offline Scarce

Your question is still vague, and it sounds like you aren't completely understanding Arix's answer. Anyway, let's use some actual card names to make this easier on all of us.

Drogskol Reaver has the triggered ability, "Whenever you gain life, draw a card."

This triggered ability triggers once for every single effect that causes you to gain life. You can trigger this multiple times in a turn, but only if you gain life from multiple effects.

For example, let's say you attack with Drogskol Reaver, and it goes unblocked. The Reaver itself has both double strike and lifelink. This means that it deals combat damage twice, which in turn means that you gain life twice. This results in the Reaver's triggered ability triggering two times.

Does that make sense to you? If not, we can simplify it even further, but this should be pretty easy to follow.

In short: "Whenever you gain life, draw a card." is a triggered ability that lets you draw a card once per life gain effect, and not once per point of life gained. If you cast a sorcery that says "gain 10 life", you'll draw one card, not 10,