+ Reply to Thread
    Teddy is offline Uncommon

Default Creature loses soulbound affects other paired creature?

For example if a Nearheath Pilgrim gets paired with Cathedral Sanctifier

Both creatures have lifelink now

but what if the Pilgrim loses Soulbound, will the Sanctifier lose lifelink?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Creature loses soulbound affects other paired creature?

Since the official rulings have not yet been announced, we can't say for sure just now. If I had to guess though, I would say that it would lose lifelink, as the creatures being paired is part of soulbond, and losing soulbond means losing the ability that keeps the creatures paired. As I said though, this is subject to change when the actual rulings get released.

Of course, right now it's pretty irrelevant, as I'm pretty sure the only way for a creature to lose soulbond is to lose all abilities, in which case it'll lose the ability that grants the creature lifelink anyway.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Teddy is offline Uncommon

assuming the other creature does lose it's paired abilities, would it regain them once the Nearheath Pilgrim gets its souldbound ability back?

Torin is offline Scarce

* If a paired creature with soulbond loses soulbond, it and the creature it's paired with remain paired.

Avacyn Restored FAQ and Rulings