+ Reply to Thread
    Aaronair127 is offline Very Common

Default Thran Golem -- Xenograft

Will xenograft or any other enchantment that targets all my creatures, activate Thran Golem bonuses. And secondly if it does would it matter if the creature type declared was golem? Thanks.

Kenji is offline Scarce

Default Re: Thran Golem -- Xenograft

Thran Golem needs to have an Aura enchantment on it to receive its bonus --nothing else will do. Xenograft is neither an Aura, nor does it target anything in the first place.i

Remember, something only targets if it specifically uses the word target (or it's something that targets by its rules definition: Auras and the Equip ability, for example). Not that it matters in this scenario, as Thran Golem's text specifies that it have an enchantment on it.

Let me clarify that: it says "...is enchanted", and the only way for that to happen is for an Aura enchantment to be on it. Nothing else means "is enchanted" except for that. A non-Aura enchantment being on the battlefield isn't considered to be "enchanting" creatures, even if it affects creatures.