+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kevin

Thread: Questions of tapping abilities

Ryuujin is offline Common

Default Questions of tapping abilities

my friend played Stuffy Doll (Time Spiral) - Gatherer - Magic: The GatheringViridian Longbow (Mirrodin) - Gatherer - Magic: The Gathering
    he wants to know if the gained "tap" ability from viridian longbow works at the same time as the stuffy dolls "tap" ability, or if onlly one of them work at the same time. im under the impression that when it has to "tap" for an ability, you choose which ability it taps for,not it taps and uses both abilities at the same time
    i used an example from Trigon of Infestation (Scars of Mirrodin) - Gatherer - Magic: The Gathering saying that if i only pay 2 green and tap, it only taps for the one ability, not both. anybody care to help me figure out our problem?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Questions of tapping abilities

You're right. Activated abilities (written in the form "Cost: Effect") require payment for that specific ability - they don't just go off whenever the cost happens to be satisfied for something else. You can tap it either for its own ability or the Longbow's - not both.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

kevin is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Questions of tapping abilities

its like if u go to a soda machine and they sell coke for 25c and fanta for 25c and you have 25c and you put the 25c in the machine you can only choose either coke or fanta the machine wont let you have both just because they happen to have the same cost you can use your quarter to buy only one of the sodas