+ Reply to Thread
    Spike is offline Uncommon

Default Mirari's Wake add mana any type it can produce? magic

Mirari's Wake says:
    Whenever you tap a land for mana, add one mana to your mana pool of any type that land produced.

so if i tap say Rootbound Crag

do I add RG from mirari's wake

so if i tap it for G i end up with RRG

because it can produce both R and G so i add one R and one G?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Mirari's Wake add mana any type it can produce? magic

No. Note how Mirari's Wake says "add one mana". If you tap Rootbound Crag for a red mana, you end up with RR. If you tap it for green, you get GG.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Footprint is offline Uncommon

i think this could be left open to the interpretation of the individual judge who is giving a ruling on that matter

becaus it says to add one mana of any type it can produce

so u can read it either as just add one mana of either Green or Red

or you can read it to add one mana of green and one mana of red since taht specfic land can make both of the manas

Arix is offline Merrymaker

No, it's not open to interpretation. The wording is very clear:
    "Whenever you tap a land for mana, add one mana to your mana pool of any type that land produced."

If you tap the Crag for R, then you add one more R. If you tapped it for G, you add one more G. That's all. Why would it produce an extra two mana when it clearly states one mana? Furthermore, why would it give you an extra mana of something the land didn't produce when it clearly states you get one mana of a type that the land produced? You can't get RRG, RGG, or even just RG. You get either RR or GG. There's no alternate interpretations here.
    Fluttershy is best pony.