+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jules Clairt
  • 2 Post By Arix

Thread: Order of Whiteclay vigilance Accorder's Shield rulings magic

Leafy is offline Uncommon

Default Order of Whiteclay vigilance Accorder's Shield rulings magic

this was in a game where we had argument

i use creature with untap symbol Order of Whiteclay to attack and tap and then i use its untap ability

but then the other player puts a Accorder's Shield on my creature

so then i say that the creature is attacking and he is not using the vigilance

but then other player says that if i dont use the vigilance then i also dont get the +0/+3

but i say vigilance is an ability but the +0/+3 is a bonus so i just dont use the ability but i still get the bonus

but he says that since both are from the same equipment i can either accept both the vigilence and the bonus or reject all of it but i cannot choose not to use vigilance and in the same time get bonus

can we get ruling plz?

Default Re: Order of Whiteclay vigilance Accorder's Shield rulings magic

First of all, if you already declared attack with your creature, it becomes tapped. So, there's no point in equipping Accorder's Shield by this point, it would only prevent you to tap it again in order to attack in another turn. Furthermore, you can't choose not to use Vigilance. It's an static ability that modifies the combat rules (specifically, the declare attackers step), not an ability you have to activate. The same thing happens with the bonus: it's not your decision, it gets both vigilance and the bonus when it becomes equipped.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

So many things wrong...where do I begin?

1. Before you declare attackers, you have to give your opponent a chance to do something. You can't just rush ahead and declare them.
    2. As soon as a creature attacks, it becomes tapped. Gaining vigilance after the fact won't untap it.
    3. You can't attach an Equipment to a creature you don't control.
    4. As Jules above me said, you can't choose not to use vigilance or the +0/+3 bonus. You can't turn off an ability just because you don't like it.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Leafy is offline Uncommon

Becz u said once that if u gain control of a creature the equipment stays so we thought u can have equipment on other players creatures?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

You can have Equipment attached to another player's creatures, yes. But you can't use the equip ability targeting another player's creatures - the equip ability can only target a creature you control.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

kip
    kip is offline Scarce

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    So many things wrong...where do I begin?

1. Before you declare attackers, you have to give your opponent a chance to do something. You can't just rush ahead and declare them.
    2. As soon as a creature attacks, it becomes tapped. Gaining vigilance after the fact won't untap it.
    3. You can't attach an Equipment to a creature you don't control.
    4. As Jules above me said, you can't choose not to use vigilance or the +0/+3 bonus. You can't turn off an ability just because you don't like it.
    u left out:

5. u can only equip as a sorcery so he cannot use equip ability if its not his turn