+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Levac8741

Thread: Question about dust elemental and counterspell'ing him

Levac8741 is offline Very Common

Default Question about dust elemental and counterspell'ing him

Hi, Im new to to the forum so first off hello to all, me and my friends play alot of mtg both online and in real life, so I might be posting alot.

Recently, I have ran into the problem of counter spelling a dust elemental ( when dust elemental enters the battlefield, return 3 creatures you control to their owners hand) and then getting in a debate weather or not the 3 creatures he is supose to return to his hand stay on the battlefield, of are returned to his hand. Answers would be great! Thanks!

torpedo is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Question about dust elemental and counterspell'ing him

if the dust elemental is countered, it never enters the battlefield

so you dont have to return the creatures

Default Re: Question about dust elemental and counterspell'ing him

When a spell is countered, it is removed from the stack, and sent to the caster's graveyard [CR 701.5a]. Thus, since it was put out from the stack, it doesn't resolve, hence it never enters the battlefield and no creatures are sent back to owner'shands (the Elemental doesn't get a chance to activate its ability)