+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arix

Thread: War Report if i have artifact creature do i get one or two life?

MagicMagic is offline Uncommon

Default War Report if i have artifact creature do i get one or two life?

if i cast War Report and I have artifact creatures on battlefield do i get one or two life for each of them?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: War Report if i have artifact creature do i get one or two life?

Artifact creatures give you two life.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

kinda is offline Uncommon

i think youre wrong? because if you look at what gatherer says on Honorable Scout it says that even if creature is both black and red you only gain 2 life? so here in this case even if creature is both artifact and creature then you only get one life?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Note the different wording of the two cards.

Honorable Scout:
    When Honorable Scout enters the battlefield, you gain 2 life for each black and/or red creature target opponent controls.

This means you count the number of creatures that opponent controls that are either black or red, and you gain 2 life for each.

War Report:
    You gain life equal to the number of creatures on the battlefield plus the number of artifacts on the battlefield.

This means you count the number of creatures on the battlefield, then you count the number of artifacts on the battlefield. That's how much life you'll gain. This means that artifact creatures will be counted twice.
    Fluttershy is best pony.