+ Reply to Thread
    Swordcraft is offline Uncommon

Default Mishra's Factory and humility creature stats magic

If other player has humility

I animate my Mishra's Factory

What is the P/T of the creature, 1/1 or 2/2?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Mishra's Factory and humility creature stats magic

It ends up as a 1/1.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Sphinx is offline Uncommon

Isn't it a 2/2? Both abilities modify P/T so you apply them in timestamp order, and Mishra's factory ability resolved after humility?

No. This is an example of dependency applying. Humility's effect depends on the Factory's. In that case, you apply Factory's effect first, then Humility's.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Sphinx is offline Uncommon

Humility sets the P/T to 1/1. Mishra's factory sets it to 2/2. Seems pretty straightforward, I don't see any dependency? I still think they are just simply applied in timestamp order, in layer 7b (Power/Toughness setting abilities) making the manland be a 2/2

There is dependency at work here. Humility needs Mishra's Factory's ability to apply before Humility can do anything to it. Withou the Factory's ability applying, Humility can't affect it. There Humility depends on the Factory's ability. In that case, you always apply Factory's ability first, then Humility's.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Warrior is offline Uncommon

I agree with Sphinx. The manland animating ability (basically changing its type to creature) happens in layer 4 (Type-Changing Effects). None of Humility's effects interact with this layer so its not dependent on it (for dependency, the effects have to apply in the same layer)

(613.7a An effect is said to “depend on” another if (a) it’s applied in the same layer (and, if applicable, sublayer) as the other effect...)

Then we get to Layer 6, where abilities are removed (in this case irrelevant since Mishra's Factory has no abilities, but lets say we use inkmoth nexus instead, both humility and the Nexus' effects apply in layer 6 (Ability Adding or Removing Effects) so the Inkmoth Nexus would have be given flying and infect after humility removes abilities, so it will end up having the flying and infect abilities)

Finally we get to Layer 7b (P/T setting abilities) in which humility applies first setting the factory's power/toughness to 1/1, and then Mishra's factory ability applies setting power/toughness to 2/2

TLDR: Mishra's Factory will be a 2/2

They do both apply in the same sublayer (7b, effects that set power/toughness to a specific number or value).
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Warrior is offline Uncommon

"Mishra's Factory becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature"

It becomes type creature in Layer 4, and gets its P/T set to 2/2 in layer 7b

Humility sets 1/1 in layer 7b. Its ability can only gets applied to creature, but the factory became a creature back in layer 4. So there can't be any dependencies. The only two abilities acting in this layer are:

Humility: Set PT to 1/1
    Manland: Set PT to 2/2

Herp, I derped, I blame work. I'mma stop doing stuff there.
    Fluttershy is best pony.