+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bala Ged Thief artificial evolution rulings magic change creature type ally

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Bala Ged Thief artificial evolution rulings magic change creature type ally

Nope.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Jake1991 is offline Scarce

Default Re: Bala Ged Thief artificial evolution rulings magic change creature type ally

Quote Originally Posted by Caterpillar View Post
    i think i found the answer? Wellwisher?
    Nope. An Elf Elf creature is still one elf.

Caterpillar is offline Common

so when will u tell us the answer

so when will u tell us the answer
    Arix already mentioned this...

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    There could be, but none that come immediately to mind.

Kenji is offline Scarce

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
    There isn't necessarily any answer -- Arix only said that there could be a spell or ability that cares about having multiple instances of the same creature type, not that there definitely were any.
    Reposting for emphasis. Why do some of you think this is some sort of riddle that Arix wants you to solve?

It isn't. There most likely is not any particular card that cares about one permanent having multiple instances of the same type/subtype.

Caterpie is offline Uncommon

I think it was a trick question because the card wasnt out yet back then (except for those like arix who have access to godbooks)
    but now i realize the answer is: Adaptive Automaton

Kenji is offline Scarce

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a trick question, and that there simply doesn't seem to be any card that cares about a creature having multiples of the same type.

Adaptive Automaton isn't an exception, either. If a creature hypothetically had 10 iterations of the "Elf" creature type, for example, an Adaptive Automaton naming "Elf" would still only grant that creature +1/+1.

Quote Originally Posted by Caterpie
    (except for those like arix who have access to godbooks)
    ...I don't though.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

But don't you love that someone assumes you're awesome enough to anyway?

Honestly? Yes.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Caterpillar is offline Common

i saw Sharpened Pitchfork in the spoiler today and remembered this puzzle

if creature has multiple humans he should get +1/+1 for each no?

i saw Sharpened Pitchfork in the spoiler today and remembered this puzzle

if creature has multiple humans he should get +1/+1 for each no?
    No. Sharpened Pitchfork only cares if it's a Human. A Human Human creature will still get +1/+1.

Also, 2 month necropost

Kenji is offline Scarce

Why are you looking at this as a "puzzle" that needs solving? Arix may as well have said "there is no situation where having multiple iterations of the same creature type matters", because that's true as of now, and will probably continue to be true.

And, as Jake pointed out, Sharpened Pitchfork doesn't do anything with multiple iterations of the Human creature type, either. Here's the text of Sharpened Pitchfork:

"Equipped creature has first strike.
    As long as equipped creature is a Human, it gets +1/+1."

A given creature either is, or is not, a Human. A single creature will only ever get +1/+1 from this Equipment, and then only if it has the creature type Human.