+ Reply to Thread
    dwarf is offline Uncommon

Default Cryptoplasm and mutiple instances of gain this ability magic

If a Cryptoplasm copies another cryptoplasm, does it have two instances of "At the beginning of your upkeep, you may have Cryptoplasm become a copy of another target creature"?

For example, lets say I have copied cryptoplasm three times (so I have FOUR instances of the copy ability)

at the beginning of my upkeep, can I have Cryptoplasm become a copy of Plaguemaw Beast, use its ability to proliferate, copy a leech bonder, use its abiliy untapping cryptoplasm, copy Balshan Collaborator and use its ability twice to get +2/+2, and finally end up as a 7/9 Hexplate Golem?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Cryptoplasm and mutiple instances of gain this ability magic

Yes actually, that all works fine.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Lich is offline Uncommon

Since the cryptoplasm copies whats printed on the card, wouldn't it be limited to just two instances of the copy ability?

No. One of the exception to the "just what's printed" rule is copy effects - as in, a copy effect will copy other copy effects. Since gaining the ability is part of Cryptoplasm's copy effect, it can pile on those abilities.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

lasercannon is offline Uncommon

so if a cryptoplasm copies a cryptoplasm and has 2 instances of the copy ability now, then it copies some other creature, will it have 3 instances of the ability?

Also how would a clone that copies that cryptoplasm look like?

Yes.

If a Clone copies a Cryptoplasm, it'll be a copy of whatever Cryptoplasm is copying at that moment, plus Cryptoplasm's triggered ability.
    Fluttershy is best pony.