+ Reply to Thread
    SlowFast is offline Uncommon

Default Soulgorger Orgg and Vodalian Illusionist phase out phase in life rules magic

what happens if I use ability of Vodalian Illusionist on Soulgorger Orgg to phase it out? Will I gain the life back? Will I lose the life again when it phases in?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Soulgorger Orgg and Vodalian Illusionist phase out phase in life rules magic

No. Phasing doesn't trigger comes-into-play or leaves-play abilities.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

billy92 is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Soulgorger Orgg and Vodalian Illusionist phase out phase in life rules magic

it used to be that phasing triggered leave play and enter play abilities, then because of abuse wizards changed it so that it only triggers coming into play abilities when phasing in but not leaving battlefield abilities when phasing out, and then later they changed it again so that it doesnt trigger any zone changing abilities

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Basically, phased in/phased out is now just part of a permanent's status, just like being tapped/untapped, flipped/unflipped, or face up/face down. Changing between statuses doesn't cause it to enter or leave the battlefield.
    Fluttershy is best pony.