+ Reply to Thread
    Biefall is offline Uncommon

Default Knowledge Pool into Cascade

Lets say Knowledge Pool exiles Bitumious Blast.

I cast Lightning bolt, exile it and rather cast Bit.
    Bit Blast cascades activates and instead of casting the Cascading spell, I choose to cast again Bit Blast...is that possible?

I mean, the wording doesnt say I CANT cast the same spell twice, it just say I can cast ANOTHER spell than the one I just casted.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Knowledge Pool into Cascade

Well the question you have to ask is... Does the exiled card go to the graveyard after it is cast? And the answer is NO!!! It is getting exiled, you can't select it again.
    Last edited by Chodie; 01-20-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

It is getting exiled, you can't select it again.
    ...what? The fact that it gets exiled means you can cast it again.

However, the spell you cascade into won't trigger Knowledge Pool, since Knowledge Pool specifies it only triggers when a player casts a spell from their hand.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry... I'm getting confused... For some reason I keep thinking... Well nevermind. Yeah, it says you when you CAST a spell, since cascade says PLAY without paying then it doesn't count.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Quote Originally Posted by Chodie
    Yeah, it says you when you CAST a spell, since cascade says PLAY without paying then it doesn't count.
    ...right answer, wrong reasoning. The only reason cascade says "play" rather than "cast" is because "cast" wasn't the standard wording until the set after cascade was introduced. Playing a spell and casting a spell are in fact the exact same action - look at the Oracle wording of any cascade card.

The reason the spell you cascade into doesn't trigger the Pool is because, as I said, the Pool only triggers when a spell is cast from your hand, and the spell you cascade into is cast from your library.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Hmm... I seem to be misreading all over the place... Probably because I'm usually on a time crunch. I think I'll back out of answering questions momentarily.