+ Reply to Thread
    Tilo is offline Uncommon

Default i cast roots on creature with no flying. later creature gets flying does it untap mtg

I cast roots on creature without flying but later it is given flying will it untap in controllers untap step?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: i cast roots on creature with no flying. later creature gets flying does it untap

As soon as the creature gains flying, Roots is enchanting an illegal permanent and therefore is put into its owner's graveyard.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

magicgame is offline Uncommon

Default Re: i cast roots on creature with no flying. later creature gets flying does it untap

can roots be placed on a level up creature that gains flying down the road?

No. It can only be put on a creature that has flying right now.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Destro12 is offline Very Common

No, only if it has flying at the time of casting roots
    Last edited by Destro12; 01-13-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: misread

That's...what I said?
    Fluttershy is best pony.

kip
    kip is offline Scarce

but isnt it the opposite

Hang on, I got my cards mixed up. I meant it can be put on a creature that doesn't have flying at that time. If it later gains flying, Roots falls off.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Destro12 is offline Very Common

you messed me up arix, i had put that originally but then i saw your post and thought i had misread the cards when it was actually you.