+ Reply to Thread
    ralphy99 is offline Uncommon

Default very weird situation with break open and morph card counter spell magic

I don't think the folks at Wizards thought of this situation when designing Break Open, but what if someone casts it (and its the only spell on the stack) targeting my Voidmage Apprentice? since the break open is the only spell on the stack it has to counter it? but then do I turn the voidmage apprentice back face down? and also now opponent knows what my morph card is even though break open was countered. Does he need to legally forget that the morph card is a voidmage apprentice, like for example would it be legal for him not to cast a spell because he knows I can counter it with the morph?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: very weird situation with break open and morph card counter spell magic

This is actually a lot easier than you think. The Apprentice's ability can't go on the stack until Break Open has fully finished resolving. By that time, Break Open is in your graveyard. So by the time you choose a target for Voidmage's ability, Break Open isn't on the stack any more, so isn't a legal target for the ability.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Ninja is offline Uncommon

Default Re: very weird situation with break open and morph card counter spell magic

how would you make him "forget" what your card was, hit him on the head, or maybe hypnotize him
    Last edited by Ninja; 01-10-2011 at 04:30 PM.