+ Reply to Thread

Default Steal Artifact on an Artifact?

Hey, if i play Steal Artifact on a card that i turned into an artifact that turn with Liquimetal Coating does the effect end at the end of the turn and i no longer control it? or does it just have to be an artifact when i play Steal Artifact?

starfire is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Steal Artifact on an Artifact?

it just has to be an artifact when you steal it, it will remain under your control even if it stop being an artifact later.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Wrong. Steal Artifact's enchant ability is "enchant artifact", which means the thing it enchants must be an artifact. If it's ever not an artifact, then Steal Artifact is enchanting an illegal permanent, and therefore goes to its owner's graveyard.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

starfire is offline Uncommon

Arix is right, somehow I missed the part about it being a enchant artifact

I was thinking more alongside using an ability such as Memnarch - If you use Memnarch's ability to gain control of an artifact, you would still control the permanent even after it stops being an artifact.

Sphinx is offline Uncommon

Enchantments must always be attached to a legal target, so right still artifact will fall off as soon as the permanent stops being an artifact, in the same way a Fire Whip would fall off a creature if you lose control of that creature

For abilities, such as the one starfire described, the target has to be a legal target when you activate the ability and when the ability resolves. After that no matter what happens it would stay under your control

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Exactly right.
    Fluttershy is best pony.