+ Reply to Thread
    Robin98 is offline Very Common

Default Invasion Plans Stand or Fall enchantment combat separate pile I decide? magic

If I control both a Stand or Fall and invasion plans, when I attack, do I also choose which of the two piles will block me?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Invasion Plans Stand or Fall enchantment combat separate pile I decide? magic

No. The defending player chooses the pile, you just choose how those creatures block.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

billy92 is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Invasion Plans Stand or Fall enchantment combat separate pile I decide? magic

let me guess, you want to choose the pile with 0 creatures to block you

Robin98 is offline Very Common

you can put 0 creatures in a pile

Yup.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

riolu is offline Uncommon

but like if a spell tells you to divide damage you said you cannot assign 0 damage so wehn you divide creatures how come you can divide them into 0 pile?

Because it's not dividing - it's separating. Remember that the piles aren't the cards themselves - the piles are just the things you put the cards into.

Picture the two piles being two boxes. When you separate the cards, you put each card in one of the two boxes. One player then chooses one of the boxes, and all cards in that box get affected by the card in question. You can indeed have one box stay empty.

And if you still don't get it:
    700.3d. A pile can contain zero or more objects.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Nik
    Nik is offline Scarce

also if there is only one creature blocking and you cannot have a zero pile how are you going to divide into two piles

Togepi is offline Uncommon

cut the card in half!!