+ Reply to Thread
    magicstudent is offline Uncommon

Default Demonic Dread cascade Bituminous Blast no creatures in play more cascade faq magic

If I cascade a Demonic Dread into Bituminous Blast, but there arent any creatures in play, can I cascade the blast?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Demonic Dread cascade Bituminous Blast no creatures in play more cascade faq magi

Well...you can't do that in the first place, since Bituminous Blast has a higher CMC than Demonic Dread.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Default Re: Demonic Dread cascade Bituminous Blast no creatures in play more cascade faq magi

oh...ok what about cacading a Captured Sunlight into the bitminous blast, no creatures in play, so can I cascade further?

Again, you can't do that - Blast costs more than Sunlight.

Let's say you cast Enlisted Wurm and cascade into Bituminous Blast. In that case, no, you can't - you can't cast a spell unless you can choose all targets for it.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

oh ok for some reason I keep getting mixed up and thinking its the other way round that the next spell has to cast more rather then less

but the enlisted wurm itself can be the target for the bituminous blast, no?

No, it can't. Cascade triggers when you cast the spell, meaning it'll resolve before the spell itself.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

If I cast Enlisted Wurm and cascate it into the Bituminous Blast and there is only one creature on the battlefield, and in response to me cascading Bituminous Blast the other player sacrifices his creature, will the Bituminous Blast still cascade?

He can't respond with anything until you've already cast the Blast. He can sacrifice his creature before the Blast resolves, but by then the cascade ability has already triggered and will resolve even if the Blast is countered.
    Fluttershy is best pony.