+ Reply to Thread
    Zippy is offline Uncommon

Default Iona Shield of Emeria magic rulings can i say colorless and prevent land spells cast

I pulled a mythic rare Iona, Shield of Emeria from Zendikar pack cant wait to use it it is powerful it has 7/7 and flying and it also has this:

As Iona, Shield of Emeria enters the battlefield, choose a color.
    Your opponents can't cast spells of the chosen color.

If I choose "colorless" for color can i prevent all other players to cast land spells?

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: Iona Shield of Emeria magic rulings can i say colorless and prevent land spells c

ok where do i begin ? lands are never spells. lands are not cast. also colorless is not a color so you can not choose that.

Zippy is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Iona Shield of Emeria magic rulings can i say colorless and prevent land spells c

cuz whenever i asked what color is land they said colorless so i thought its considered a color

rkho is offline Common

No. Lands have no color. They are just lands. Colorless is not a color. Get it?

Teddy is offline Uncommon

can you say "multicolor" and opponents cant cast multicolored spells?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

No, that's not possible. When something asks you to choose a colour, you have exactly five choices - white, blue, black, red, or green. That's it.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

billy92 is offline Uncommon

Say you didnt want the spell to have effect, could you say a real color but one that doesnt exist in magic such as "Pink"?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Nope.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Nik
    Nik is offline Scarce

105.4. If a player is asked to choose a color, he or she must choose one of the five colors. “Multicolored” is not a color. Neither is “colorless.”

cubebox is offline Common

is artifact considered a color

Kenji is offline Scarce

The ruling was just quoted above. You must choose one of the five colors.

To review, that's White, Black, Blue, Red, and Green. "Multicolored" and "colorless" are not colors, nor is "artifact" (that's a card type; how could "artifact" ever be defined as a color, anyway?)

Also, you just revived a 7-month old thread. I'm not sure how it works here, but that's generally frowned upon at just about every other forum I frequent -- this is known as "thread necromancy" or "necroposting".