+ Reply to Thread
    Evolve is offline Uncommon

Default In MTG if you block a creature then sack the blocker, does damage trample

In Magic gathering, if you block a creature then sac the blocker, does damage trample?

Gifts is offline Common

Default Re: In MTG if you block a creature then sack the blocker, does damage trample

Im not sure what you meant by does damage trample, but heres some things I have learned recently.

You can set up the block, when they are both locked in, you can sac your blocking creature, and if the attacking creature does not have trample, it will swing at air and hit nothing during combat.

On the same note, with the situation I stated above, if the creature did have trample, it will do full damage to you if you sac the creature blocking it, that's one of the exceptions of the sac block.

Here's an obscure thing I learned about protection from a color(this is just a random fact that ties in with trample)...Say you had a 2/2 creature with protection from green, and your opponent attacks with a 5/5 green trample. You can block with the 2/2, and since it has protection it will not be killed, but...the trample will still work the same way, having to do 2 damage to your creature first, then doing 3 total to you the player.

Evolve is offline Uncommon

Default Re: In MTG if you block a creature then sack the blocker, does damage trample

ok thanks for explanation

Gifts is offline Common

Hey no problem, glad I could be of help to you.