+ Reply to Thread
    Secret is offline Common

Default can i use fate transfer to move healing counters from Ursine Fylgja to other? mtg

Can I use fate transfer to move healing counters from Ursine Fylgja to another creature like for example a Molten-Tail Masticore so that I can prevent damage to it

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: can i use fate transfer to move healing counters from Ursine Fylgja to other? mtg

You can move the counters, sure. But you won't be able to do anything with them. Fate Transfer only transfers the counters - it doesn't transfer the ability to remove them and prevent damage.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Nidorino is offline Uncommon

Default Re: can i use fate transfer to move healing counters from Ursine Fylgja to other? mtg

wanted to confirm - If you moved the counters to another Ursine Fylgja you would be able to use them right? I think so, but on the other hand I remember when cards refer to themselves by name then they are referring to that specific card and not other cards with the same name, and so maybe the original counters only work on the original Ursine Fylgja?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Yes, you would be able to. Healing counters, by themselves, don't do or mean anything - in fact, other than power/toughness changing counters, no counters do or mean anything by themselves. It's the text on the card that lets you do stuff with the counters. In Ursine Fylgja's case, it has an activated ability where the cost is to remove a healing counter. That means any healing counter can be used, regardless of where it came from.
    Fluttershy is best pony.