+ Reply to Thread
    level is offline Uncommon

Default Infernal Contract you lose half your life rounded up negative life magic rulings

what happens if I have a platinum angel in play and I am at -8 life (negative 8) and I play infernal contract?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Infernal Contract you lose half your life rounded up negative life magic rulings

You'll end up losing 0 life.

107.1b. Most of the time, the Magic game uses only positive numbers and zero. You can't choose a negative number, deal negative damage, gain negative life, and so on. However, it's possible for a game value, such as a creature's power, to be less than zero. If a calculation or comparison that would determine the result of an effect needs to use a negative value, it does so. If such a calculation yields a negative number, zero is used instead, unless that effect sets a player's life total to a specific value, sets a creature's power or toughness to a specific value, or otherwise modifies a creature's power or toughness.
    Fluttershy is best pony.