+ Reply to Thread
    Tim94 is offline Uncommon

Default Zendikar Sadistic Sacrament

Was looking at the Zendikar Spoilers and noticed this card:

Sadistic Sacrament BBB
    Sorcery
    Kicker (You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.)
    Search target player's library for up to three cards, exile them, then that player shuffles his or her library. If Sadistic Sacrament was kicked, instead search that player's library for up to fifteen cards, exile them, then that player shuffles his of her library.

Thatsa lot of cards to exile What happens if other player doesnt have enough cards in his library?

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: Zendikar Sadistic Sacrament

im sorry to say this because i dont like saying something like this but this is an unneccacery question. the answer is right there in your post. you just didnt read the card carfuly enough. it says up to 3 and up to 15 cards respectivly so you dont have to pick the full 3 or 15.

ok so if I exile the maximum number of cards he has does he lose game at that moment or will it be the next time he has to draw

seba1983 Guest

the rule state that you loose the game if you would have to draw a card but can not (due to not haveing any more cards to draw). so you only loose when you have to darw the next card. if the opponent does not have to draw because he either skips his drawphase (e.g. Necropotence) or replaces the draw with something that is not drawing a card (e.g. Words of War; Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar) then he does not loose either. if on the other hand your opponent has no cards left in his library and you force him to draw (e.g.Sign in Blood) he looses. unless he can by some means not draw these cards (see above).

so like if he has 4 cards left in his deck and it says I can exile up to 15 so I cannot say I want to exile 5 cards and he loses because he has to exile more cards then he has in his library?

seba1983 Guest

no that wont do the trick ... he has to draw to loose

ok tnx