+ Reply to Thread
    Swordcraft is offline Uncommon

Default I have some ideas for new Magic cards, how can I submit to Wizards of the Coast?

I came up with some cool ideas for magic cards

how can I submit them to wotc? Do they design cards based on players ideas

Zak
    Zak is offline Old School Gamer

Default Re: I have some ideas for new Magic cards, how can I submit to Wizards of the Coast?

See here:

Wizards of the Coast Game Support

Wizards of the Coast Game Support is ready to help our players with supreme support for all our games. Whether you have a tricky rules question for one of our great role-playing games, you need assistance with one of our digital products like Magic Online or D&D Insider or just want to give us some feedback about your favorite card game, we're here to help.

If you're reading this, you probably already know about our Knowledge Base, a vast array of answers and information about everything Wizards of the Coast. Try searching for your question and get the answers you need.

Of course, sometimes you need the personal touch. If our Knowledge Base doesn't help with your question, you can write to us using this very page by clicking E-Mail Us above and creating an account. We're also available by telephone Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 6 pm Pacific Time, and also on weekends from 10 am to 4 pm Pacific Time:

US/Canada: (800) 324-6496
    Other countries: (425) 204-8069

If you'd prefer, you can also send us a letter, although please understand that this method usually takes the most time. Here's our address:

Wizards of the Coast
    ATTN: Game Support
    P.O. Box 707
    Renton, WA 98057-0707

We don't just have operators standing by, we have gamers - just like you - ready to help.

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: I have some ideas for new Magic cards, how can I submit to Wizards of the Coast?

note however that wizards spends a good amount of money on people who, regardless what we feel every time they release a new set, realy know what they are doing and they dont desing singel cards in a void but whole sets in a context. so unless your idear totaly fits what they are working on right now and is something they feel was missing and they haden't thought of a solution to fill the hole you will probably not have much luck.

many people desing cards of thier own sometimes even several sets in a context without wizards taking any interest in them. mostly i guess because the people who get payed for it want to keep getting payed for it ^^.

i hope i havent dishaerted you. i just wanted to make sure you dont call them thinking they are just wating for you and then be dissapointed when you realise they are not. there have been instances where player input made it to cardboard but they are rare, very rare. what does however happen somewhat frequently is that exceptional players move from playing magic on a profesional level to working at wizards and then advancing within the company to card desingn.

SlowFast is offline Uncommon

You can always post your ideas here probably people from wizards of the coast come here sometime to read what people are saying about the game.

Sphinx is offline Uncommon

Also you could make your own custom cards just use a common magic card (not your P9 Black Lotus ) and glue a paper to the front and write what you want on it and use it in games if other players agree

Urza is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    Also you could make your own custom cards just use a common magic card (not your P9 Black Lotus ) and glue a paper to the front and write what you want on it and use it in games if other players agree
    Just dont try to sneak those into tourneys

seba1983 Guest

ohh you can try but all that gonna happen is that you will be disqualified