+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Josh is offline Very Rare

Default Magic 2011 spoilers rumors known info M11 visual spoiler leaks previews core set faq

If you have any information or rumors on Magic 2011 (the next core set) post it here!

so far we know:

Magic 2011 Pre-Release date is July 10-11, 2010
    Magic 2011 Release date is July 16, 2010
    Magic 2011 Launch Parties on July 16-18, 2010
    Magic 2011 Game Day: August 14, 2010

it's going to have 249 cards

Design team includes: Aaron Forsythe (lead), Doug Beyer, Mark Globus, Tom LaPille, Gregory Marques

Development team includes: Erik Lauer (lead), Dave Guskin, Tom LaPille, Kenneth Nagle

Standard now rotates only once each year, with the release of the October large set. So Magic 2011 will enter Standard on its release without knocking anything out, then Magic 2010 and Shards of Alara block will leave Standard with the release of "Lights." The Standard format between Magic 2011 and "Lights" will consist of Shards of Alara block, Zendikar block, Magic 2010, and Magic 2011. After the release of "Lights," it will consist of Zendikar Block, Magic 2011, and "Lights."

Extended rotates at the same time, but there's no core set that will rotate out this year. (Eighth Edition went with Onslaught; Ninth Edition will go with Kamigawa block on the release of "Shake.")

I got all information from wizards Magic 2011 announcement here:
    Announcing Magic 2011 : Daily MTG : Magic: The Gathering

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Magic 2011 spoilers rumors known info M11 visual spoiler leaks previews core set

I have heard recently that if you buy a box of M11 boosters then you will receive a "Buy a box promo" of Birds of Paradise either in the box, or wherever you buy it.

Josh is offline Very Rare

Default Re: Magic 2011 spoilers rumors known info M11 visual spoiler leaks previews core set

Lightning bolt has also been confirmed

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Overwhelming Stampede ( Stampede of Beasts Magic 2011 Intro Pack )

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Ancient Hellkite ( Breath of Fire Magic 2011 Intro Pack )

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Angelic Arbiter ( Blades of Victory Magic 2011 Intro Pack )

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Conundrum Sphinx ( Power of Prophecy Magic 2011 Intro Pack )

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Captivating Vampire ( Reign of Vampirism Magic 2011 Intro Pack )

Biefall is offline Uncommon

Santo guacamole!

I am looking forward to all the spoilers more than I wanted to know the RoE content.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

I don't know what they do yet, but that will come soon. All I know is that these are the deck and the main cards in the decks.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Confirmed,

Dragonskull Summit
    Drowned Catacombs
    Glacial Fortress
    Sunpetal Grove
    Rootbound Crag

Sorcerer's Strongbox

Birds of Paradise
    Plummet

Lightning Bolt
    Fireball
    Chandra's Outrage

Captivating Vampire
    Reassembling Skeletons

Baneslayer Angel My personal favorite

All from Wizards website for the most part.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

BS Angel.

That makes me want to set orphans on fire.

And then drop kick them.

Into a volcano.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Biefall is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    BS Angel.

That makes me want to set orphans on fire.

And then drop kick them.

Into a volcano.
    Thats going to be my signature, thats exactly how I feel and will feel until M12

Nik
    Nik is offline Scarce

whats the deal with baneslayer angel i dont get it

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Its pry the best 5 drop finisher in Standard Nik, sad though it gets lots of attention and dosn't always win you the game.

I think Wizards made a great card with BSA and there are plenty of ways to kill it, on a side note I get to trade all of mine away that I rip from packs

No, they did not make a great card. They made a horrible, horrible mistake and everyone responsible for it should drown in battery acid.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

I can't believe you feel that way Arix considering the length of time you have played and some of the crazy over the top things I read about in some of the older formats.

I don't see why everyone is against the card it plays right feels mythic and dies to alot of stuff and there is plenty of removal for it.

Can I ask why you think it's a bad card?

Oh, I don't think it's a bad card. I think it's bad (read: an abomination of) design. Let me put it this way.

Everyone hates it when cards get so ridiculously expensive that you need a second mortgage just to get a playset. Bitterblossom, Tarmogoyf, Jitte, among others, they're all very powerful cards that ended up costing you an arm and a leg to get. But you know what? It happens. Wizards are only human, they make mistakes, and sometimes they let things like this slip through the cracks. Hell, the fact that Tarmogoyf got a very "meh" reception when it was revealed shows that clearly. But BS Angel (and no, BS doesn't stand for Baneslayer) is so ridiculously, painfully obviously overpowered that it makes it abundantly clear that this is exactly what they were trying to do. They were trying to do something that they knew full well would piss off the player base. If someone on an amateur card design forum posted BS Angel, they'd be beaten down by everyone there and laughed straight off the board. So apparently Wizards knows a whole lot worse than "amateur" designers, because at least the "amateurs" would realise that such an abomination should never have been released into the game.

It doesn't "feel" mythic. A mythic feel is a card that looks impressive, not a card that's simply one or two mana cheaper than it should be, or has a couple extra points of power/toughness added on that it should. Look at it this way - would Emrakul, the Aeons Torn feel mythic if it were a 12/12, or a 10/10? Or if it costed 16 or 17? Yes, it would, because its text box really makes you go "wow", no matter what it's surrounded by. Now take BS Angel. If it were just a 3/3, or costed 6 or 7 mana, would it feel mythic? No, because now it's just another flier with a few bonuses. The only reason it "feels" mythic is because it's undercosted. That's not what mythic should be about. Hell, that's not what the rarity system in general should be about. A higher rarity shouldn't be an excuse to make a card more powerful. Don't get me wrong, power should come into play a little when deciding rarity, but you shouldn't just be able to up 'the rarity of an overpowered card and call it a day. That's lazy design, horrible design, and makes for an unhealthy and bad game overall.

I could go on, but I don't feel like it. That, in a nutshell, is why I believe that everyone associated with BS Angel's "design" (if you can call it that), "development" (if you can call it that), release, and return should be instantly fired. And by fired, I don't mean they should lose their jobs. I mean they should literally walk into a furnace.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

I just want to let you know your hilarious LOL.

I understand what you mean, but I think they have shown they will keep doing that though with the rarity system look at Vengevine, Jace and Gideon right now all 35-80 dollar cards. I honestly don't know how people that want to play or even compete can afford to get into the game and not get discouraged at some of the prices of what some may call must have cards.

I know they will continue to do that. That's the problem. There's no way Vengevine should be mythic, but at least it's not obviously overpowered. Jace and Gideon are both fine at mythic, and not overpowered.

I honestly don't know how people that want to play or even compete can afford to get into the game and not get discouraged at some of the prices of what some may call must have cards.
    This is exactly the problem I'm talking about. If it continues, the game will be much unhealthier and will eventually die (at least, competitive play will). Powerful cards are fine. A bunch of $70 must-haves are not.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast