+ Reply to Thread

Default FNM - What to expect?

So i've never been to a FNM and was wondering what to expect?

Only really ever played casual and the only pre lease i went to was gatecrash where i was smashed.

But building a decent collection has lead to being able to make what im hoping will be decks that can hold there own in a semi competitive enviroment.

So yeah what are the regulars like at your lgs when new people show up?

I don't expect any success but if which ever deck i do use does have some what sort of reaction should i expect from the regulars?

Which deck should i use?

Im not sure what the others play so ive got green/white/blue infect deck and an blue/red tron put together.

Infect is missing 3 copys of a pump spell and tron is missing 3 copys of expidition map, will be going in early to sort through boxs of cards trying to find them.

Thanks.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: FNM - What to expect?

First thing you're going to want to do is check out the format. FNM is usually standard, in which case neither of those decks will be legal.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

DatAsh is offline Rare

The crowd at FNMs vary from very casual players to very competitive players. You'll see people with kitchen table decks and net decks alike. If you do well, then people will react differently. Spikes don't like to lose, so be ready for that, but as long as you're not braggy then things should be fine.

I'd advise you to play whichever deck you have more fun with and just enjoy yourself. FNM should be a nice lax environment compared to things like prereleases.

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    First thing you're going to want to do is check out the format. FNM is usually standard, in which case neither of those decks will be legal.
    Yeah i was there a couple of days ago searching for a sliver overlord and the guy was saying a few of the regulars are over standard and looking to play modern and to just bring a modern deck if i was wanting to play that.

Not really interested in standard so don't have a standard deck.

As for bragging there would be none of that and im not a sore loser, i was having a laugh as i kept getting bashed at the pre release.

As for the decks i think infect would be faster but it also seems more likely to be the type of deck people get annoyed with but ive got a better understanding of how to run it compared to the tron as i havent used that alot.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Quote Originally Posted by "DatAsh
    FNM should be a nice lax environment compared to things like prereleases.
    ...prereleases are the most casual things ever. I've found them to be a hell of a lot more lax than FNM, at least.

As for deck, I encourage you to go with Tron, simply because infect is the worst thing in the game and should die the horrible horrible death it deserves.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

DatAsh is offline Rare

The prereleases in my local shop are far too intense. It's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    As for deck, I encourage you to go with Tron, simply because infect is the worst thing in the game and should die the horrible horrible death it deserves.
    Yeah thats the responce i was wondering if infect would draw, maybe best to save that until ive gone to a few of them.

That's because, if done right, infect can be a cheap, nasty way to die. I like the idea, but it gets boring fast, imo, on anything other than a Blightsteel Colossus. I'm a fan of the Tron though.

I was wondering with tron if i should use blightsteel as my 4th fatty but decided to use a 2nd emrakul.

But didnt get to play, arix called it, despite what the store guy said everyone ended up playing standard so done some trades and watched a few pre FNM legacy games and a few of the standard matches before heading off.