• 1 Post By Arix

Thread: mtg why is life gain bad

kartiv is offline Uncommon

Default mtg why is life gain bad

i wanted to make a lifegain deck but my friend told me its bad

why

DatAsh is offline Rare

Default Re: mtg why is life gain bad

Life gain decks don't usually have win cons, that's the problem. You need to have a way of winning, usually through control. I say make whatever deck you want and figure out what works for you.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

I have a casual life-gain deck that's pretty successful. The key is to have cards that do more than just gain you life. Loxodon Hierarch, for example, is good because it's also a decently-costed creature that can save your other creatures. Heroes' Reunion, on the other hand, is bad, because it doesn't do anything.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

DatAsh is offline Rare

Sphinx's Revelation is a great card for a life gain deck as well. As is Trostani.

Sphinx's Revelation is alright, but the problem is that it requires blue, and blue just doesn't have a lot to offer in the way of life gain, or even ways to take advantage of a high life total. For card-drawing, I prefer Well of Lost Dreams.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

goblinmasterx is offline Uncommon

Life link decks arent bad theyre good...i have a friend with super gain life deck and its sooooo annoying when youre at 1000 life while your opponent is still at only 20 ypu just cant lose lol

You can if you're not actually doing anything with that life. If you're just gaining life, you're not actually coming any closer to winning. And it's easier to take life away than it is to gain it.

That's why I once cast Storm Herd to get 8.5 million Pegasi.
    Fluttershy is best pony.