Tournaments & Events : Trading Card Game : Magic: The Gathering

Join the Party!

Innistrad Launch Parties are a great way to celebrate the release of the latest Magic: The Gathering set! Play, trade, spend time with friends, and win cool prizes! All participants receive a Ludevic’s Test Subject/Ludevic’s Abomination exclusive Launch Party promo card (while supplies last).

Where Can I Play on September 30 - October 3, 2011?

Local Stores: Launch Parties are happening worldwide the weekend of September 30 - October 3, 2011! Check out our tournament locator to find an event near you. Contact your local store to confirm the event venue location.

What Happens There?

Try out the newest Magic set, Innistrad, in a variety of fun formats! Innistrad Launch Party main events may be run using the Sealed Deck, Booster Draft, Standard, or Two-Headed Giant formats.

What Do I Get?

Each player receives:

1 Ludevic’s Test Subject/Ludevic’s Abomination promo*
1 Achievement Card
*while supplies last

The Achievement card is a fun activity for players to complete. Earn the satisfaction of completing all the tasks over the course of the Launch Party!

Additional prizes such as booster packs may also be awarded at the discretion of the organizer. Contact your local Launch Party organizer for specific entry fee, prize payout, and event information.

What Can I Play?

Launch Parties are meant to be a weekend of fun celebrating the newest set! Make sure to contact your store to find out what formats they are running for their Launch Party.

Here are the Launch Party formats:

Sealed Deck — The recommended product mix in a Sealed Deck event is six Innistrad booster packs which the player uses to build a deck.

Booster Draft — Players participating in a booster draft tournament should each receive three Innistrad booster packs to draft with.

Two-Headed Giant — Gather your allies to play as a team! For Two-Headed Giant tournaments at Launch Parties, each team of two players receives eight Innistrad booster packs.

Standard — Arrive with your Standard-legal deck to play! Remember that Innistrad is Standard legal on its release date of September 30, 2011, along with New Phyrexia, Mirrodin Besieged, Scars of Mirrodin, and Magic 2012.