Innistrad Prereleases : Tournaments & Events : Trading Card Game : Magic: The Gathering

Go to the Innistrad Prerelease and experience the newest Magic: The Gathering set a week before it goes on sale!

You will also receive an exclusive Mayor of Avabruck/Howlpack Alpha promo card while supplies last!

Where Can I Play on September 24-25, 2011?

Prereleases are happening at local stores all over the world! Check out our tournament locator to find a local store Prerelease event near you. Contact your local store to confirm the event venue location.

What Happens There?

When you show up at a Prerelease you will be given the opportunity to play with the newest cards in the following formats:

Sealed Deck: Each player receives six Innistrad booster packs to use for building a deck.

Booster Draft: Players participating in a booster draft event should each receive three Innistrad booster packs to draft with.

Two-Headed Giant Sealed: Each team of two players receives eight Innistrad booster packs to use for building a deck (each team receives a total of eight booster packs).

What Do I Get?

In addition to the booster packs, each player receives (while supplies last):

1 promo card (Mayor of Avabruck/Howlpack Alpha)
1 Achievement card
The Achievement card is a fun activity for you to complete. Earn the satisfaction of completing all the tasks over the course of the Prerelease!

For the prize pool, Wizards of the Coast provides two Innistrad booster packs per player in the tournament. Contact your local Prerelease Tournament organizer for specific entry fee, prize payout, and event information.

What Else Can I Do?

In addition to the main Prerelease Tournament event, some locations may offer open dueling.

Open Dueling: Open Dueling players each receive 1 Innistrad Intro Pack and 1 promo card (Mayor of Avabruck/Howlpack Alpha, while supplies last). Open Dueling players use their Intro Pack to play against each other, as well as Prerelease tournament players who are between matches. All players should be encouraged to help teach Open Dueling participants how to play Magic.