+ Reply to Thread
    Volume is offline Uncommon

Default My mom spilled coffee on my Birds of Paradise HELP

I left my magic cards on the kitchen table after playing with some friends and now my mom was drinking coffee there and her cup fell and she spilled coffee on my Birds of Paradise card (and some other cards too but mostly commons) is there soemthing I can do to save it its my most rare card

Kev
    Kev is offline Uncommon

Default Re: My mom spilled coffee on my Birds of Paradise HELP

mmm never had coffee spilled on my magic cards so not sure how much damage it does. If the amount of coffee spilled wasnt that much, maybe you can wipe it gently with moist cloth and put it to dry and hope for the best...

Twanos is offline Master Mason

wipe it off gently then let it dry. If you put your cards in sleeves you can most likely still play with it but unfortuantly it's trade value has probably gone way down. Sry.

walky is offline Uncommon

Sorry to hear about this

Ask her to buy you a new birds of paradise because she spilled the coffee after all

Ok well she promised now to buy me 10 packs of magic boosters to make up for this so I'll probably get 10 M10 packs and hope to pull another birds of paradise.

TauntingElf is offline Uncommon

How much crying and screaming did you have to do for her to agree to buy you 10 boosters

Not much (I scream very loudly )

Tim94 is offline Uncommon

Maybe you should wait and get 10 Zendikar boosters instead its coming out soon and has some cool cards

CastleKing is offline Uncommon

Happens, not the end of the world. But you should always put your cards in a safe place after finishing playing, to avoid things like this from happening in the future.

seba1983 Guest

i used to have all my cards layed out all over the floor with a delicate system where to tread. then my girlfriend moved in and i learnde extreemly quickly to keep my cards well away from the feet of others ^^. haveing a card ruinde in some way or another has happend to most people when they played for a longer period. but its never a nice thing to happen. when drying cards due to some accident make sure that after cleaning them you put a kitchentowl or paper towl on top and then add weight. otherwise cards couls start to wrinkle or deform. card sleves are your best friend. all the coffe and other liquid accidants that can happen will propably not do as much damage to a collection a playing the cards without sleves. i once saw someone play a tabernacle without sleves (thats an up to 100$ card) ... dont want to make that expiriance again ... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim94 View Post
    Maybe you should wait and get 10 Zendikar boosters instead its coming out soon and has some cool cards
    But I want another birds of paradise and Zendikar doesnt have any bops

walky is offline Uncommon

Maybe buy 5 Zendikar booster packs and 5 M10 boosters

yeah actually I think I"m gonna get 4 Zendikar boosters and 6 M10 boosters that will give me good chance for BOP and still have some Zendikar cards as well

seba1983 Guest

zendikar has a great number of cards that are easiely worth 4 x birds of paradise. and everyone will be looking for the new cards when they come out. i'd go with zendikar and simply trade for the bird(s). any fetchland is worth 4 birds, mindbreak trap, sorin, nissa, and warren investigator are worth about 3 birds and as for lotus cobra ... hmm do you need 6 birds ?

Togepi is offline Uncommon

i once spilled ketchup on a magic card but it was only a uncommon

Logi is offline Uncommon

I once left a AN Serendib Efreet in my pocket and it ended up going through the washing machine... card didnt take it very well

KogaNinja89 is offline Common

Quote Originally Posted by Volume View Post
    I left my magic cards on the kitchen table after playing with some friends and now my mom was drinking coffee there and her cup fell and she spilled coffee on my Birds of Paradise card (and some other cards too but mostly commons) is there soemthing I can do to save it its my most rare card
    OK. so check it as soon as possible cover in between to semi-damp pieces of cloth and put that stack in between to books. As long as they don't move you should be able to *pull* the moisture from it although the more moisture you add the greater risk you put into "smearing" the card but done correctly you can ensure the cards "SAFETY" and "STABILITY"... If you don't want to lose the card because it is too risky simply, and fastly dip your cards in water repetitively make sure not to rub ANYTHING and put it back in your deck with "SALT"!!! in your ziplock for ultimate assurance. Hope this helps

guyarney is offline Uncommon

Stop playing magic with your mom.

Alterloth is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by guyarney View Post
    Stop playing magic with your mom.
    HAHAHAHAH!!!! Its funny because my dad plays MTG (he got me into it way way back when Alpha came out...thanks DAD!)...and my Mom accidentally put one of his Time Walks into the garbage...his fault...he was using it as a beer coaster...I never had anything that bad happen...worst thing I had happen was a Lich ripped in half...doesn't matter anyway...I never liked that card...