+ Reply to Thread
    Rocket is offline The Hallowed

Default New Phyrexia Spoiler Buy a Box Promo Card Surgical Extraction

first twenty people to buy a Booster Box at participating locations receive this card:

Surgical Extraction (ϕB)
    Instant (Rare)
    (ϕ can be payed with either B or 2 life)
    Choose target card in a graveyard other than a basic land card. Search its owner's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards with the same name as that card and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

source: New Phyrexia's Buy-a-Box card : Daily MTG : Magic: The Gathering

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Buy a Box Promo Card Surgical Extraction

No thanks, I already have four Extirpate that I don't use.

Finding it harder and harder to get even remotely excited for this set.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Kenji is offline Scarce

I think you're being overly harsh on the card. =P

It probably won't see *that* much play in Legacy (after all, Extirpate's split-second is fairly relevant considering Force of Will), but it's still a really neat utility card for Standard and Extended. Also, the fact that you don't even need to run Black is pretty huge. Now, any deck looking to hose particular combo pieces can simply run 3-4 of these in their sideboard, regardless of whether they're playing black.

As a maindecked card, though, you're right..."meh", at best. Of course, that could change depending on how much, if any, graveyard interaction comes out in either New Phyrexia or this fall's Innistrad.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

It probably won't see *that* much play in Legacy (after all, Extirpate's split-second is fairly relevant considering Force of Will), but it's still a really neat utility card for Standard and Extended. Also, the fact that you don't even need to run Black is pretty huge. Now, any deck looking to hose particular combo pieces can simply run 3-4 of these in their sideboard, regardless of whether they're playing black
    Yeah, but I don't care about any of that.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Like Arix said, I already own Extirpate. I hope they make some wallpaper for this one, though.