+ Reply to Thread
    Play is offline Uncommon

Default how do you use life from the loam magic

how do u use life of the loam?

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: how do you use life from the loam magic

you pay 1G and cast it ? what dont you understand ? how dredge works ? why the card is almost broken ? why it is considered an engien that at least 4 legacy decks were built arround ?

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

This is coming from a noobies point of view but I feel like I need to try and awnser Seba's questions just because it helps me better understand the game.

Dredge 3 Works exactly like the card reads very straightforward on what you should do (although I don't konw why it's called Dredge 3 other than you are either drawing or discarding 3 cards).

This card is kinda nuts I think personally from a person that is playing a deck that completely works off of thier graveyard, I mean they get to mill cards for 1G and then you can go get three lands from your graveyard (remember it dosn't say basic lands which in legacy any crazy land that Wizards made can be retrieved)

Then you get to mill 3 cards which thins their deck into the graveyard (which they are playing out of most likely ). And on top of that they get to draw another card

If they are worried about getting to many cards in hand (which they pry are not) they don't have to be they can always play.... Reliquary Tower or Graceful Adept, or since they are using thier graveyard instead of thier library they will just discard down to seven cards at their clean-up step and guess what they are putting those cards exactly where they are wanting to play from.

Decks that this will be built around with be the common mill yourself to get to the cards you want and destroy your opponent. Most likely the person will be the least bit worried about you because they are working upto a Combo that will kill you on one of thier turns with you not being able to stop it.

As for what the decks are called that play this: Loam Pox, Loam Control, BANT Loam and Deathloam just to name a few that have Loam in the name.

seba1983 Guest

to add to your list: agro-loam. swans loam, 43-lands, eternal garden and the fear. smetimes landstill /w green plays it too over crucible.

as for the dredge part im not sure your explaining it correctly because your formulations seem confusing. i'll try to clean it up a bit.

dredge:

if at any time you would draw a card (condition for dredge) you can instead (see that last word ? hence its a replacement effect) put the top x cards (x = to the number behind dredge) from your library into your graveyard and return "cardname" to your hand

so basicly instead of drawing a card the normal way you "draw" the dredge card instead but you have to mill yourself to do so.

ohh also to expend on those legacy decks a bit ichorid is a deck that uses dredge more than any other. milling yourself is not a drawback when you build towrads that. its a huge advantage. very few decks can win against ichorid without something to remove thier graveyard. ichorid will usually win game 1 (befor sideboarding).