+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chodie
  • 1 Post By Jake1991

Thread: MBS? Whats going on!?

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Default MBS? Whats going on!?

Okay, the title makes this thread sound like some sort of emergency freak out thing but its not. I'm just here to say I have no idea what is going on in the mirrodin block. I bought a fat pack, some more boosters, and went to release for SOM. Now for MBS I haven't had any money seeing as I'm a kid in highschool in a small town with a bad economy. Thats right, Goshen, IN near Elkhart.

Well none of that has anything to do with my point. I've been out of the loop and what I want to know is... Where can I find out whats popular with the cards and what is going on in the story? I really want to try and speculate the outcome of the new set.

Jake1991 is offline Scarce

Default Re: MBS? Whats going on!?

The popular cards seem to be Blightsteel Colossus, Tezzeret, the Green and Black Zeniths, Inkmoth Nexus, and Phyrexian Crusader. There may be other popular cards.

Blightsteel has a deck being built around him using mainly Shape Anew, Master's Call, and Inkmoth Nexus. Tezzeret is fueling his own UB deck. Green Sun's Zenith will most likely be used as Primeval Titans 5-8. Black Sun's Zenith used as a black sweeper. Phyrexian Crusader and Inkmoth Nexus are pushing infect.

Story-wise, Mirrodin is at war. The Mirrans and Phyrexians are fighting over control of Mirrodin and 'ACTION' (the third set) will reveal the winner as it will be called Mirrodin Pure (if the Mirrans win) or New Phyrexia (if the Phyrexians win).

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

I figured as much that those cards would be popular... But story wise... I know they're at war. What I don't know is... Who are the Praetors? What is Karn doing in all of this?

Since WOTC decided to po those that did care about the storyline and crunch the set novels into one block novel, released with the third set, the MtG main site is info central for the war.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Well that sucks. Maybe some people like to read...

I did like to read the set novels. I stopped after Lorwyn-Eventide. The books have been on a downward spiral, quality-wise, imo. The older stuff is still awesome, but I stopped caring post-mending.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

What about comics? Are those any good?

The comics vary widely in quality, both in art and content. I followed them as far as Zendikar, but not since.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Is the comic only released on the wotc site?

Yeah, as far as I know.