+ Reply to Thread
    Buddy is offline Uncommon

Default can you respond to a tapping of land

can you respond to a tapping of a land?

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: can you respond to a tapping of land

no and yes. why ? tapping a land for mana does not use the stack. hence there will be no object on the stack to respond to. if you use a non-mana ability from a land like drawing cards with bazzar then that will use the stack. hence there will be an object put on the stack so you can respond to it when you have priority.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

To be a bit pedantic, you can't respond to the tapping of the land for such abilities, since tapping the land is part of the cost to play the ability, and you can't respond to costs being paid.

However, you can respond to the ability itself (so long as it's not a mana ability).
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

pedantic yes ^^ but true the thought actualy crossed my mind but then i thought this would be the simpler answer so i went with that.

for all of you who like to get into the details of the rules (kappu1 im "not" looking at you) arix is of corse compleatly right. this does not only applie to lands but to any costs. e.g. you have to sacrifice a creature as aditional cost for some card. you can't respond to that either.

Muk
    Muk is offline Scarce

wahts pedantic mean

Exactly. I thought this would help prevent questions like "What if I tap a land in response to its ability?".

Besides which, I just like being thorough when it comes to rules (if you haven't figured that out already). The whole "build a man a fire" thing.

wahts pedantic mean
    According to dictionary.com, "overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, esp. in teaching".
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

i have absolutely nothing against that in fact im very happy your here. your reliable answers have allowed both me and twanos to go a little lighter on the answering. something i personaly realy like since im actualy currently takeing a break from magic ^^

also i am one of the poeple who realy like to get into the fine details of the rules. when you posted me that rules section that had "respond" as an official term i was baffled. not pleased with wizards for useing the term but thankful for haveing learnd something new

Well, the whole reason I became a judge in the first place is because I like doing this kind of thing, so no worries ^.=.-
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

LoL thanks Seba I sure don't feel like I was being pin pointed there

I just like to know the rules in depth because that can win or lose a fight imo!