View Poll Results: do you want deckbuilding articles that work thier way through magics history ?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes i do

5 100.00%
  • no i dont

0 0%
  • i dont realy care

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
    seba1983 Guest

Default a blast from the past - new people read this if your interested in deck building

i was just casualy browsing, looking at some random stuff when i came accoss some decklists i had almost forgotten. tirx, oath, hightide, sligh, academy etc. looking at those and other old decklists (+reading some stuff on them) i realised that in 1993 everyone was just starting to play magic. there were no long time players, no one who knew better. some 5 years later even the big pro players were still learning a thing or two about deck building that is considerd basic today.

why do i tell you this ? well i thought it might be nice to learn deckbuilding the way magic itself had to learn. by looking at the history of the game you can learn a lot for the present and futur. many deckbuilding skills are best showen by examples that first brought them to magic. there you can see why they are so good and how they changed the game. why do people who are good at building decks win more ? because thier decks are better. yes but why ?

now with over 15 years of magic history (some of wich i did not expiriance myself) to cover that would be a series of articles i would have to research, write and post. a lot of work i will gladly do because to me its fun. i will not do that work, however, if you dont actualy care. when i do something like that i want someone to profit from it as well. hence this thread first where you can vote if you'd be intereste in such a thing.

ohh and if some of the long time players we have here would be willing to give me some pointers, advice or just some eye witness reports from aeras long gone that would be great

kip
    kip is offline Scarce

Default Re: a blast from the past - new people read this if your interested in deck building

Yea

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Default Re: a blast from the past - new people read this if your interested in deck building

I would especially if it hits on the old cards you always hear about and know nothing about.

seba1983 Guest

what exactly do you mean ?

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Just the history of the magic cards that where very popular in certain decks.

Like I know very little about any cards prior to SoA since I only play standard so when I sit around with people who talk Legacy and Vintage I'm lost 90 percent of the time.

seba1983 Guest

ahh ok yeah i will go into several decks that were groundbreaking in thier buildup. i will leave out a lot that was very dominant but did nothing new in deck building. if you want to know more about legacy and vintage im sure i can help you there. i like the eternal formats and have a decent idea of what is and was being played.

Urza is offline Uncommon

I'm interested to learn more

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Well I'm not particularly interested in the subject matter, but depending on how it's written I might end up getting into it. So why the hell not.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Twanos is offline Master Mason

I'd be interested in reading it in the same way a person likes to look back at a an year book. I mean I played most of those decks back in the day but it would be nice to revisit how they worked and how much the game has changed.

seba1983 Guest

hmm seriously the way i planed to do it is too much work if only 5 people are interested. especialy if of those 5 one does not neccercerly care and one only reads it for nostalgie. nothing against anyone but if there is not more interest i think there are other things i can spend my time on.