+ Reply to Thread
    Casey is offline Common

Default what faction should I choose for mirrodin besieged pre release mirran or phyrexia?

Am gonna go to prerelease for first time, which faction should I choose mirran or phyrexian

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Default Re: what faction should I choose for mirrodin besieged pre release mirran or phyrexia

If it were me I would choose Phyrexian just for the card you get. I think it's amazing. But there are a lot of Miran cards I want as well.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: what faction should I choose for mirrodin besieged pre release mirran or phyrexia

Look at the cards in the spoiler and see what appeals to you more.

I'm personally going to go Mirran, because I like having fun.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Volume is offline Uncommon

I'd suggest going Phyrexia that way you have a chance of pulling a Blightsteel Colossus

Nah, make your decisions based more on the commons/uncommons. Look it at it this way - you only get three packs. Your chances of pulling a mythic are low. Your chances of pulling a specific mythic are incredibly low.

Besides which, Blightsteel Colossus isn't even all that great anyway. The Mirrans have much better mythics.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

billy92 is offline Uncommon

I'm going with mirran, I like their cards better

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

The only real reason I wan't phyrexian is the pre release card, Glissa. But I also want Thrun. I'm really thinking about a rock deck lately.

Bolttrot is offline Uncommon

The Massacre wurm is cool (phyrexia)

Casey is offline Common

which faction should I choose if I want to pull a Tezzeret?

Rocket is offline The Hallowed

You can pull Tezzeret from either faction pack..but its a mythic rare so not that many chances

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

I won't really know what I want until the set comes out and I find out whats popular. Plus I have no money for the pre-release anyway.

vacation is offline Uncommon

u can also go to 2 pre releases and play as both

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

That's a good choice if you can afford it. In SOM our local shop handed out 2 steel hellkites if you paid in advance. Is that allowed?

Muk
    Muk is offline Scarce

I wouldve gone to two if I could, but only have time to go to one... Will probably pick phyrexia

I'm going four time, all Mirran.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Josh is offline Very Rare

I like Mirran but will probably do one of each so that I can get both promo cards

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    I'm going four time, all Mirran.
    What cards are you going to be searching for in mirran?

Don't know exactly.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

So you're basically anti phyrexia for this set? Are there any phyrexia cards that you DO like?

There are a few, but on the whole, I find this Phyrexia incredibly boring. Infect is dull and pointless, death triggers are annoying, and proliferate is cool, but only in conjunction with Mirran charge counter shenanigans.
    Fluttershy is best pony.