+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Josh is offline Very Rare

Default Worldwake reprints

You can use this post to discuss the topic of reprints in worldwake.

So far we have one reprint confirmed, smother:

Smother 1B
    Instant (U)
    Destroy target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less. It can't be regenerated.

What other reprints you think we will see?

khelis is offline Very Common

Default Re: Worldwake reprints

I was at a store today where the co-owner is a lvl 3 DCI judge and he gets alot of leaks. We are hearing things on Dark Rit. For those who dont know

Dark Rual (B)
    Add: 3 B to your Mana Pool

One of the most overpowered cards printed for black. With that and smother, mono black will rise again as it did in Vintage. Post lemmi know if my leaks are at all true. If so, i may stop playing magic.

sonicshield is offline Scarce

WHOA really they are going to reprint dark ritual

Can anyone confirm?

seba1983 Guest

first off who plays mono black in vintage ? sure there is sui but that not a tier 1 deck ...

smother is never played in vintage unless your in a realy fish heavy meta and most decks that play black dont bother with dark ritual unless they use tendrils to kill. so i think the comparison to vintage is kind of weak. the power of black in vintage comes from tutors, yawgmoth will, duress and some other fantastic cards. duress is in Magic 2010 but does not do nearly as much in standard as it does in vintage.

also i find the rumor on dark ritual hard to belive since magic 2010 has hypnotic specter in it. it was not reprinted for years on the argument it is too powerful. at some point the realized that a great deal of hippie's power results from it comming turn one off a ritual. they then reprinted it with the official reason being "hippie is perfectly ok without dark ritual".

judging from that i'd say that rumor is false.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Dark ritual is overpowered, not suitable for today's standard environment, and out of the modern day colour pie. I thoroughly doubt this rumour has any truth to it.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Urza is offline Uncommon

I doubt dark ritual reprinted also

But who knows? Maybe Wizards will reprint this as a way of getting attention to the worldwake set. I mean with Zendikar everyone was talking about the set because of the priceless treasures. What will they do to get everyone talking about worldwake? Reprint dark ritual

TauntingElf is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Urza View Post
    I doubt dark ritual reprinted also

But who knows? Maybe Wizards will reprint this as a way of getting attention to the worldwake set. I mean with Zendikar everyone was talking about the set because of the priceless treasures. What will they do to get everyone talking about worldwake? Reprint dark ritual
    Sounds like some conspiracy theory

seba1983 Guest

if they want everyone to go crazy about worldwake they just need to reprint tarmogoyf ... would result in a way bigger hipe than ritual or mana drain ^^ its not on the reserve so they could :P

Josh is offline Very Rare

well its still a rumor... dark ritual is being reprinted, tarmogyf is being reprinted, black lotus is being reprinted I'll remain skeptical until there's some more solid proof

seba1983 Guest

and how about the rumor that wizards will not print many new cards in worldwake but instead scrap the reserved list and fill the set with those cards :P :P

Rocket is offline The Hallowed

Quote Originally Posted by khelis View Post
    I was at a store today where the co-owner is a lvl 3 DCI judge and he gets alot of leaks. We are hearing things on Dark Rit. For those who dont know

Dark Rual (B)
    Add: 3 B to your Mana Pool

One of the most overpowered cards printed for black. With that and smother, mono black will rise again as it did in Vintage. Post lemmi know if my leaks are at all true. If so, i may stop playing magic.
    I want Dark ritual reprinted in worldwake. I use a lot of black decks dark ritual will fit in most of my decks

seba1983 Guest

then grab some copys of divine vs demonic ... ritual will not be reprinted as wizards is aware that that would cost them lot and lots of money ... whilst dark ritual is no, as presumed above, an auto include staple in vintage or even legacy, it is still a broken card and wizards will make sure to keep such cards out of standard.

turn 2 vampire nocturnus is beyond anything any other deck could muster ...

Firefall is offline Very Common

Default Re: Worldwake reprint

If Wizards reprints Dark Ritual, I am quitting magic for good.

Rocket is offline The Hallowed

Default Re: worldwake dark ritual reprint

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    If Wizards reprints Dark Ritual, I am quitting magic for good.
    Can I have your cards

Warrior is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Worldwake conterspell reprint

What about counterspell is it being reprinted?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

I think it should be, and I hope eventually it will be, but it won't be in Worldwake (considering we just got Cancel...AGAIN...in Zendikar).
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    What about counterspell is it being reprinted?
    i dont want to be a pain but there is no point in a wave of questions along the lines of "will they reprint xy" because non of us can know the answer to that. if a rumor surfaces from a belivable source it will be posted here. in that case it should be made clear that its merely a rumor. if someone just makes up things to get attantion i will be crossed. also if any cards are confirmed they will be posted here.

just no point in going through all cards you would like to see asking if they will be reprinted ... if you want to go rampage on wild speculation you can open a new thread on that. make sure its clear that that thread is for wild speculations not for rumors or conformations. thank you.

Storm is offline Common

*IF* Wotc were to reprint dark ritual in worldwake, the least they could do to make it fair for blue is to reprint Counterspell. And maybe theyll need to repring some good cards for other colors as well.

seba1983 Guest

that has nothing to do with fair ... everyone can play any color so everyone has the same cards to paly with makeing it fair anyway whatever they print.

what wizards will print is what wizards thinks will sell the most boosters. that is the ultimate consideration. if things changed and market research shows that casual players dont buy boosters we would not see another wacky card becaue it does not sell booster.

Storm is offline Common

Quote Originally Posted by seba1983 View Post
    that has nothing to do with fair ... everyone can play any color so everyone has the same cards to paly with makeing it fair anyway whatever they print.
    Maybe, but some players play only a certain color or dont play specific colors. For example I have a friend who always plays blue and for him he wouldnt see boosting one color on account of the other as fair (Or he will quit blue and start plaing only black and soon everyone will be playing black decks and wizards might as well drop all other colors )