+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: worst magic card

Hacheam is offline Very Common

Default Re: worst magic card

yeah gutshot is actually a pretty good card it can get rid of an annoying little bitch like beguiler of wills and even better if your all tapped out you can to 2 life. Whats so bad about that?

Hacheam is offline Very Common

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirations View Post
    Bee Sting
    2 damage for 4, and it's a sorcery. Plus... green?
    the reason why this does 2 dmg for 4 is because its green. Green cards don't do stuff like that, so some people consider it an advantage.

goblinmasterx is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    ...you know Gut Shot is one of the most popular cards in tournament decks right now?
    i guess people are dumb lol

Jake1991 is offline Scarce

Quote Originally Posted by goblinmasterx View Post
    They're not dumb.

Gut Shot offers any deck a way to kill off any creature with 1 toughness, without having to waste mana. It can also be used before your first turn. It's a utility burn spell.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

You're really only making yourself look bad here. These are professional players, who win thousands of dollars at top-tier tournaments. Often their entire livelihoods revolve around winning these tournaments. They've been doing it for years and spend many hours every day investigating the metagame, looking at what other people are playing, fine-tuning their decks, how to beat other decks, and working out what will give them the best chance of winning. What makes you think you know better than them?

I've said it before on this forum, and I'll say it again. You're just making a mistake many new players make - overvaluing life. 2 life is nothing, when it gives you the ability to remove a troublesome creature, at instant speed, before you've even played a land, regardless of what colour your deck might be.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Crocodile is offline Uncommon

ok what deck runs it 2 life for 1 dmg is just dumb.. if your concnered about 1/1s then jus tplay more creatures to block them or something...

What decks run it? How about the winner of the 2012 Salt Lake City Grand Prix? And the winner of the 2012 Kuala Lumpur Grand Prix? And several decks that made the top 8 in various tournaments? In other words, "lots" of decks run it.

And no, you don't just play "more creatures to block them". Because that requires your opponent to attack with them first - and not all creatures are made to attack. Besides, that's still disregarding the fact that Gut Shot is free to cast, and can go into any colour deck.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

ok what deck runs it 2 life for 1 dmg is just dumb.. if your concnered about 1/1s then jus tplay more creatures to block them or something...
    Try blocking an Inkmoth Nexus after its heavily pumped from from a Kessig Wolf Run.

Or a Delver of Secrets after it's transformed and your opponent has Vapor Snags at the ready.

Or a Champion of the Parish after a Gather the Townsfolk

Or a Stromkirk Noble at all.

"Play more creatures" doesn't cut it as those little 1/1s quickly grow and become huge threats. Best to use Gut Shot before they grow. Luckily it can be used in any deck for a minuscule cost of 2 life.

DatAsh is offline Rare

You wouldn't hit a player with it, you use it to remove some of the most threatening creatures in standard right now. Stop making yourself look like an idiot.

valdalgon is offline Very Common

unless that player has one life.

i gotta tell these "pros" a card called "gesitflame" which does the same thing except it doesnt kill you...

edit; geistflame look it up

Kenji is offline Scarce

Holy crap, you're *still* missing the point. Gut Shot can be run in *any* deck, whereas Geistflame forces you to commit to having red mana, and can never, ever be used for free. How are you not understanding this basic concept?

Also, if people are running Gut Shot in tournament-winning decks, they're clearly doing something right. If Geistflame was so superior, you think it would show up even a little bit in the top decks...but that's not the case.

DatAsh is offline Rare

i gotta tell these "pros" a card called "gesitflame" which does the same thing except it doesnt kill you...

You know gutshot doesn't kill you, 2 life is only 10% of your life total. You would never win a single match at a Grand Prix.

Gut Shot won't kill you either at 20 life. Even at 3 life, casting it won't knock you out.

2 life means nothing when you're killing creatures, even before your first land drop.

Dismember was used in nonblack decks simply because it gave every colour a kill spell. The 4 life loss was irrelevant.

if you have 4 copies of gutshot and you use them all thats 8 life and youre almost dead before the opponent even touches you,,,me and my friends get to REALLLLY low life sometimes when we play so we might've been dead if we had gutshotted...

if you have 4 copies of gutshot and you use them all thats 8 life and youre almost dead before the opponent even touches you,,,me and my friends get to REALLLLY low life sometimes when we play so we might've been dead if we had gutshotted...
    How likely is it that you'll draw and play all four copies of Gut Shot to get into such a situation though? And you may get to low life, but what life total would you be at if you were able to use Gut Shot to kill a troublesome creature before it became troublesome?

Just admit it - you're wrong on this one. You don't know better than people who have been playing professionally for many years and made tens of thousands of dollars winning big international tournaments.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

DatAsh is offline Rare

Just because you play some janky kitchen table decks doesn't mean that everybody does. Also, why would have drawn and played all 4? That's just stupid. You do realize in red you can pay mana right? And even then, just don't cast it if you are low on life. For gods' sakes, just end this and do as Arix suggests, admit you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh View Post
    Just because you play some janky kitchen table decks doesn't mean that everybody does.
    In all fairness, it's not really about playing janky kitchen table decks. I've never played a tournament in my life (other than prereleases), but I still can acknowledge that people who do tend to know what they're doing.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

DatAsh is offline Rare

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    In all fairness, it's not really about playing janky kitchen table decks. I've never played a tournament in my life (other than prereleases), but I still can acknowledge that people who do tend to know what they're doing.
    I've never played tournaments either, but I make some janky decks myself. Hell, I just got a standard turbofog mill.