+ Reply to Thread
    MagicMagic is offline Uncommon

Default good starting magic deck

What is a good good starter magic deck (not one of the pre-assembled ones, but rather one that I can build myself)

teletel is offline Uncommon

Default Re: good starting magic deck

For a starting deck I would just choose one color, I'd suggest green.

First I'd put 24 x forest, these are your lands (mana producers)

Then I'd add 20 green creatures to it, whichever ones you have.

So now we have 44 cards, room for 16 more. I'd put 6 sorceries, 6 instants, and 4 enchantments.

After you play that deck for a bit you can get the hang on how to make more advanced decks.

Have fun!

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: good starting magic deck

thats actualy not a bad pice of advice. every deck a player new to the game builds is downright awful and so will yours be. thats no problem, not even wrong or bad at the levle you currently are at. when you played some games with a deck like that try to find out what typs of decks can be build, what kind of style of play you like and then take it from there by trial and error.

deckbuilding is a long and slow process. telling you what to play will not help you lern it for yourself and you'll end up depending on otheres for deckbuilding all the time. just give it a try play whatever you like and learn from what did not work. there is no real wrong when you can learn something from it.