+ Reply to Thread
    Rocket is offline The Hallowed

Default Dark Depths rules When Dark Depths has no ice counters on it, sacrifice it. If you do

I am confused about Dark Depths

It says:

Dark Depths
    Legendary Snow Land
    Dark Depths enters the battlefield with ten ice counters on it.
    3: Remove an ice counter from Dark Depths.
    When Dark Depths has no ice counters on it, sacrifice it. If you do, put an indestructible legendary 20/20 black Avatar creature token with flying named Marit Lage onto the battlefield.

So let's say I remove the last ice counter from Dark Depths. But Lets say I dont want to put Marit Lage (the 20/20 creature) into play yet. I want to do it next turn (maybe cuz this turn there is something that can kill it on the battlefield or i dont know why)

Anyway can I say that I'm not sacrificing Dark Depths yet even though it has no counters?

On one hand it says: "When Dark Depths has no ice counters on it, sacrifice it"

So it sounds like it isnt optional

But then it says:
    "If you do..."

So it sounds like it is optional.

So whats the rulings

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: Dark Depths rules When Dark Depths has no ice counters on it, sacrifice it. If yo

they might have worded it better as "when you do" to avoid confusions. i gusse there are obscure rules situation when that wording as it is becomes important.

anyway the sacrificing is not optional and neither is the token part.