+ Reply to Thread
    seba1983 Guest

Default MBC for Standard

i love control. now usualy that results in me playing blue or at least something with blue. black however has enough control cards at its disposal that it does not need to rely on its meddling friend-color to play the control game. with zendikar i feel MBC is once again viable.

here's a list off the top of my head:

3 x Bloodghast

3 x Consume Spirit

3 x Diabolic Tutor

3 x Doom Blade

1 x Disfigure

3 x Duress

1 x Executioner's Capsule

3 x Fleshbag Marauder

4 x Gatekeeper of Malakir

1 x Haunting Echoes

3 x Infest

1 x Liliana Vess

1 x Malakir Bloodwitch

1 x Mind Shatter

1 x Mind Sludge

3 x Scepter of Fugue

4 x Sign in Blood

1 x Sorin Markov

1 x Crypt of Agadeem

1 x Gargoyle Castle

18 x Swamp

ok so there it is. i realy would like to cut 3-4 cards to add more swamp. as for the sideboard ? not sure what i need to bord against yet. Deathmark, Desecrated Earth, Needlebite Trap, Sadistic Sacrament and Vampire Hexmage all seem viable depending on what is beeing played alongside some form of gravehate and more of the above such as more discard vs. control and more removal vs. agro ...

Edit: after some first testing i now went with -1 mind shatter, -1 exicutionaires capsuel and -1 duress. +3 swamp ... still feel i need 1 swamp more because i dont realy like missing land drops ... 2 duress will most likely make thier way into the bord against control ...
    Last edited by seba1983; 10-06-2009 at 06:58 AM.

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: MBC for Standard

some more changes ...

the bloodghast go. the fact that they cant block is realy bad for this type of deck. they are replaced by 1 infest, 1 doom blade and 1 fleshbag marauder.

with now only 9 creatures left in the deck the crypt finaly slips out also being replaced by a swamp ...