+ Reply to Thread
    trader is offline Uncommon

Default Rising Waters combos

What are some good Rising Waters combos

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: Rising Waters combos

there is no competetiv deck using rising waters. what do you want to hear ? what do you expect to hear ?

first off a combo in magic is not just any two cards that go well together. goblin matron + goblin king is NOT a combo ! its a synergy. a combo is a combination of cards that either allow you to win when you have assambled them or make it impossible (or near impossible depending on how far you stretch the term) for you to loose / your opponent to win.

so what you want to combo with rising waters is a permanent that lets you tap the land they get to untap during thier upkeep thus limiting thier playable spells to instans. now that is not usualy called a combo. what you call it you can look up in the salng lexicon i posted in the useful link thread.

using the gathere, a tool all of you should be able to use by now, you can now go and find cards (preferably permanents or at least something you can use each turn) that tap an opponents land.

so there you have the answer im willing to give you, since you did read the "useful links plz read before posting" - sticky thread before posting right ?

2 things i do want to add:

1. winterorb. its everything rising water is just a lot better.

2. breaking the symetry. when you use a global effect its impoertant to break the symetry. when you opponent untaps 1 mana source you need to untap more than 1 mana source. the easiest way to do that is by playing non-land mana sources like mana-elves or artifact mana.

Sphinx is offline Uncommon

Rishadan Port / Rising Waters

seba1983 Guest

i dislike the port here because the port is a land itself. i personaly prefer Icy Manipulator. in the end it realy does not matter wether you play a mana artifact and the port or the icy and a normal land ... both would probably be a good idear.

the deck is not competetiv and looses a lot in mulitplayer. if you play casual 1 on 1 its a nice deck to build if your opponents are ok playing a lock deck.