+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    CastleKing is offline Uncommon

Default Re: zendikar treasure mox

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    If I pull a dual or a mox out of a zendikar booster can i use it in tourney
    No, to address this they updated the tourney rules as follow:

Other than basic land, only cards from the expansions of the boosters opened (and only cards opened in that player’s pool) may be used in a player’s deck. For example, in a Magic 2010 Sealed Deck tournament, any card in a booster other then the Magic 2010 game cards received by the player and basic land may not be used in a player’s deck during that tournament.

CastleKing is offline Uncommon

Default Re: zendikar treasures mox

Also:

7.5 Sealed Deck Swap
    In Sealed Deck tournaments, the Head Judge may require players to perform a deck swap prior to deck construction. Players receive unopened product and register the contents (except basic land cards) on deck lists. Any card in a booster that is not a card from the expansion of the opened booster is retained by the player that registers the cards (example: a player that registers the contents of a booster during a deck swap keeps the token card, if any). Players who drop from the tournament before fulfilling this duty will receive a match loss in the first round. Tournament Officials then collect the recorded card pools and re-distribute them randomly. A player may randomly receive the product he or she registered. The Head Judge should require players to sort the cards they register according to some criteria (e.g. color and then alphabetically) to assist the player receiving the pool.

Adrian is offline Uncommon

Default zendikar priceless treasure

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I understand these are not reprints... So like how did Wizards get those cards? Did they have an old stock which they saved for special occasions or what? How many of these cards does wizards have?
    They proably found a big box of alpha beta and unlimited boosters in their basement and were like 'Oh how do we get rid of all these old cards' and figured 'oh we will just put them into Zendikar packs'

Nik
    Nik is offline Scarce

Default zendikar alpha beta

can you get from zendikar alpha dual lands

jake85 is offline Common

Default old cards, zendikar

Very cool that they are putting old cards in Zendikar

I hope to pull 1 or 2

Nik
    Nik is offline Scarce

Default Re: zendikar priceless treasures

me too

Oddish is offline Common

Default Re: zendikar treasure mox

Quote Originally Posted by CastleKing View Post
    No, to address this they updated the tourney rules as follow:

Other than basic land, only cards from the expansions of the boosters opened (and only cards opened in that player’s pool) may be used in a player’s deck. For example, in a Magic 2010 Sealed Deck tournament, any card in a booster other then the Magic 2010 game cards received by the player and basic land may not be used in a player’s deck during that tournament.
    Yep letting you play a mox or dual in a limited tourney wouldnt have been fair

seba1983 Guest

i am not as happy about this as everyone else seems to be ^^

why ?

simple. i realy want to get started playing vintage. now that i could get vintage cards from boosters might seem like a gift from above. but lets take a look at the numbers. 1 card every 720 boosters. about 90 diffrent cards. so thats 1 black lotus in about every 64000 boosters. it like when your dieing of thirst in the desert and someone waves a bottle of water befor your eyes singing "nana-nana-nana" ...

to make it worse some of these cards will be opend up by people who have no clue of what they are worth, what history they have and what emotional meaning they have to some people.

imagin the following. someone plays a casual mono white angel deck inculding the pride of thier collection the duel deck foiled akroma. alongside that you will find angle of mercy and other technicaly awful cards. that person opens a pack of zendikar and finds a lotus. ohh that helps me play my akrom so i put it in my deck. so far so good. some people might feel that there are more worthy uses for a lotus but that is not the point. now imaging that kid plays his deck without cardsleves and shuffels the way you dont even want to see people shuffeling commons ... that thought makes me sad ...

Default zendikar p9

That gives me an idea, am gonna go to the comics store and wait for the kids to come out and then I'll be like 'oh that black lotus you pulled has no expansion symbol on it, so its SUPER COMMON. How about I trade you my cool celestial mantle for it, it DOUBLES YOUR LIFE'

am going to get a complete set of P9 doing this

seba1983 Guest

that is just plain sad im not gonna comment it any more than that !!!

TauntingElf is offline Uncommon

Default Re: zendikar p9

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    That gives me an idea, am gonna go to the comics store and wait for the kids to come out and then I'll be like 'oh that black lotus you pulled has no expansion symbol on it, so its SUPER COMMON. How about I trade you my cool celestial mantle for it, it DOUBLES YOUR LIFE'

am going to get a complete set of P9 doing this
    Thats a good one, here is another line you could use:

"That Ancestral Recall is useless you draw a card at the beginning of your turn anyway. Here I'll help you get rid of it by trading some commons for it. I'll even throw in an uncommon FOIL"

Tim94 is offline Uncommon

Default Re: zendikar power 9 mox alpha beta

Is this going to be in every set from now on

Dodrio is offline Uncommon

Default mtg zendikar old cards inserted?

really old card are inserted in zendikar? I hope I get some of them

Sphinx is offline Uncommon

It will kinda suck for those people who do pull a priceless treasure out of print card for Zendikar... but not a black lotus rather some unlimited common

Rocket is offline The Hallowed

Default chance of pulling mox zendikar priceless treasures

whats the odds of pulling a mox

seba1983 Guest

probabaly the same as pulling any other specivic card currently estamated at about 64000:1.

so dont count on it ^^

as for commons a beta sink hole is still worth its ~45$ so thats no too shabby. for a common thats about as expensive as they come ...

Ok i feel like i have to state this a little more clearly !!! cheating people on trdes just shows that you have no good character thats worth talking about !!! if i ever witness it at one of the 3 gaming stores i regulate you can be sure that that person will never set a foot in that store again !!!

may be you guys are just mocking about. plz dont. all the smilies in the world can allow people to tell if your beeing serious on this or not. if your serious on that topic i dont realy want to read that in a forum i moderate. if your not that plz dont do such posts because they could be missunderstood. thank you.

Well I was kidding but I'm sure there are going to be people trying to cheat

Sphinx is offline Uncommon

There also could be some people that are gonna be careless or not know about it and just pull out the rare from the pack and not notice a mox and sell all the oterh cards back to the stores as commons

TauntingElf is offline Uncommon

Default Re: zendikar power 9 mox alpha beta

Quote Originally Posted by Tim94 View Post
    Is this going to be in every set from now on
    Most likely not, Wizards probably has a limited supply of these out of print cards, plus they want to make this a special promotion not something that happens with every set

computer is offline Uncommon

I want to pull from zendikar mox too