+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DatAsh

Thread: how to tell if a mythic rare is in a booster pack

eevee is offline Uncommon

Default how to tell if a mythic rare is in a booster pack

how can you tell if a mythic rare is in a a booster pack?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: how to tell if a mythic rare is in a booster pack

Open it.

That's pretty much it. They're inserts randomly, so there's nothing about the pack to tell you what's inside. And unlike foils, they don't weigh any more than regular rares, so you can't weigh the pack. The only way to find out is to open it.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

DatAsh is offline Rare

Go to your local gamestore, buy as many packs as you can, open them and mark down which ones had mythics in them. Hop in your DeLorean and go back in time to just before you bought the packs, and give the knowledge to your past self. (Be careful you don't touch them!) And Viola! Instant money!

Zefyrus is offline Very Common

Quote Originally Posted by eevee View Post
    how can you tell if a mythic rare is in a a booster pack?
    Actually there are a few ways.
    1. Since the booster wrap is much thinner than the cards, you could flash the booster with high frequency UV (or very low freq X-ray, depending on the material) and try to move the last card just a bit to the right and check the "color" of the symbol.
    Downsides of this method:
    i) You will need to do a molecular analysis of the booster wrap material to find the appropriate frequency that you should use in order for your radiation to "penetrate" it.
    ii) There's a fair chance that the paper from the card will absorb your radiation when it penetrates the wrap (so no light would come out), but you can hope that the coating material (the "paint" on the card) could reflect some of it.
    iii) No such equipment available commercially, so you would have to carry the booster pack to the nearest high energy physics lab.
    iv) UV and X-ray radiation is extremely carcinogenic, when not used with proper protection. Just don't.

2. Carry the booster pack into an X-ray spectroscopy lab and proceed to perform spectroscopic studies on the cards.
    Downside: A really, REALLY big waste of time and power resources.

Might be others as well, I'm not a mastermind. However, I doubt any of those is cost or time effective as just buying the damn thing, or better yet, trade the stuff you find for the ones you want! After all, it's just a game based on that suspense, so taking that away would kill the game for you.

goblinmasterx is offline Uncommon

depending on the set the art on the booster wrapper can sometimes tell you if its a mythic...my friends and i split a gatecrash fatpack and i took all the ones with the dimirr guildamage and pulled 2 mythics...so defiinitely buy the ones with that wrapper

DatAsh is offline Rare

Hate to break it to you buddy but there's 2 things you should know:

1. Pack art has nothing to do with what cards are in the packs.

2. You should stop necroposting, seriously, nobody likes that.