+ Reply to Thread
    CastleKing is offline Uncommon

Default What do you think of Ebooks (reading books online) vs Hard Copy Books?

More and more books are coming out as Ebooks. Do you think that online books will some day replace hard copy books?

I personally prefer hard copy books, I like to hold the real book when reading. Don't stand to read so much from the computer monitor. I hope online books will never totally replace hard copy books.

Zidarose is offline Editor in Chief

E-books offer ease of use sometimes, making it faster to search through them accurately to find some select information. Manuals and core rule books are great in this format.

I've read entire books through Project Gutenburg and on PDF. While it was a worth while venture I felt that the actual book, having and holding it, offered more satisfaction. Besides, old computer files just don't get the same feel and scent of old books. My Herald Mage books have seen WAY better days, my copy of Island of the Blue Dolphin is held together by scotch tape, but I'd go and by another hardcopy before I went and got it as an E-book.
    Finally, a new generation of Pokemon for us to enjoy. There is much to look forward to in 2011!

Riddle is offline Uncommon

I don't think that online books will ever replace paper books completely. People like to be able to hold a book and read it. Plus it's harder to read long books on a screen.