+ Reply to Thread
    Kyle01kyle is offline Common

Default why use creatures without shroud if there are creatures with shroud

why would you use in your deck creatures that dont have shroud when there are many creatures that have shroud?

tate is offline Scarce

Default Re: why use creatures without shroud if there are creatures with shroud

i think because it is not fair if you only use creatures with shroud because other player has no way of winning

Arix is offline Merrymaker

I think you're both way overvaluing shroud. Yes, shroud is a great benefit against targeted removal, but...what else does it do? Shroud alone doesn't help you win. It also prevents you from enhancing the creature with pump, equipments and whatnot.

Besides which, some unshrouded creatures just plain don't have shroud equivalents. I have a deck based around Tamanoa - what creature with shroud out there has a similar ability to Tamanoa that I can replace it with? There isn't one. Another of my favourite decks, built around Ink-Treader Nephilim, actually relies on being able to target the creature, so shroud would actively go against what I was trying to do.
    Last edited by Arix; 01-27-2010 at 12:54 AM.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

kip
    kip is offline Scarce

also there r other good abilitys like protection haste double strike vigilence indistructible