+ Reply to Thread
    Pointy is offline Common

Default when playing magic the gathering, if cards in hand run out, how many do you draw?

if cards in hand run out, how many do you draw?

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: when playing magic the gathering, if cards in hand run out, how many do you draw?

non. you draw 1 card each turn in the drawstep, unless your going first and its your first turn.

steps / phases:

untap
    upkeep
    DRAW
    pre-combat mainphase
    combat
    post-combat mainphase
    end of turn phase /w cleanup etc.

Pointy is offline Common

Default Re: when playing magic the gathering, if cards in hand run out, how many do you draw?

i know i draw 1 card every turn but i mean what if i run out of cards in my hand in the middle of a turn (because I cast them all) do i draw 7 more or maybe just 1 and then if i cast it i draw again?

seba1983 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by seba1983 View Post
    non. you draw 1 card each turn in the drawstep, unless your going first and its your first turn.

as i said non. if you run out of cards in your hand then you just do ... end of story. you dont get to draw any cards because you run out of cards in your hand. if you did, you coul play nothing but combodeck in most formats.