+ Reply to Thread
    kevin is offline Uncommon

Default can you regenerate a creature if a card played says destroy creature

can you regenerate a creature if a card played says destroy creature

Lightning1714 is offline Uncommon

Default Re: can you regenerate a creature if a card played says destroy creature

You mean it says destroy a creature? Or do you mean regenerate a creature from your discard pile? If you regenerate a creature it goes back into play from your discard pile. And destroying a creature means if the creature is destroyed it gos to your discard pile.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: can you regenerate a creature if a card played says destroy creature

That's wrong there. If you regenerate a creature, it never actually leaves play. You have to regenerate it before it would actually leave play. this puts a "shield" over the creature that says "The next time this creature would be destroyed, instead tap it, remove all damage from it, and remove it from combat". The creature stays in play the whole time, it never goes to your graveyard.

You can only regenerate from things that would destroy the creature. That means two things - lethal damage, or an effect that says "destroy" (but, obviously, doesn't say "it can't be regenerated").
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Oh i've always thought that you regenerate it from your discard pile? Guess i gotta read the rulebook again, lol. I'm still new to the game. So thanks for telling me.

No worries, regeneration is one of the things that gets new players a lot.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Thanks for understanding. Also i know what haste and flying meants but what does challenging and fear mean? And are there more?

...challenging? What?

Fear means that the creature can't be blocked except by black or artifact creatures.

There are many, many more. Kind of inconveniant to explain them all here, just take them on a case by case basis.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Oh i mean it says "Champion a goblin". Kind've mixed up there lol.

seba1983 Guest

"champion a creaturetype" (in your example goblin) means that when the creature with champion comes into play you have to remove another creature with that creature type of sacrifice the creature with champion. when the creature with champion leaves play you return the removed creature to play.

note that when you return the creature it will trigger any enter the battlefield effect it may have but not any when you cast this creature effect. why ? simple, it enters the battlefield but is not cast again.

Ok thanks.

Raven-hawk is offline Common

You can regenerate as long as it's not tapped and hasn't been regenerated before hand. unless it says creature can't be regenerated you can regenerate it.

If you have any more questions I have a site with a blog.

I would like to let you know of a new
    gaming store that has a information website,
    dealing with magic cards, As well as listing
    of some of the cheaper cards online.
    In addition they have some of the best deck
    build's posted in their free weekly magic
    the gathering E-zine. They are also giving
    away rare and mythic rare cards, prizes,
    boosterpacks so this place is an excellent
    resource if you are looking to stay on the
    cutting edge of magic the gathering.

You can regenerate as long as it's not tapped and hasn't been regenerated before hand.
    This is wrong. You can regenerate a creature whether it's tapped or untapped, and there's no limit to the number of times it can regenerate.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raven-hawk View Post
    You can regenerate as long as it's not tapped and hasn't been regenerated before hand. unless it says creature can't be regenerated you can regenerate it.

If you have any more questions I have a site with a blog.

WRONG you can regenerate a tapped creature and you can regenerate a creature multible times if you want to.

how good can you blog (advatising for wich seems to be the only reason you are here anyway) be if you can't even answer such simple question ? i'm sorry if you feel this is a personal attack on you. on the other hand spaming in a forum to advatise a diffrent webpage does feel a bit like takeing your own food to a restaurant.

Sorry, but I have to agree with seba. If you're just going to do nothing but answer questions that have already been answered and advertise your website in EVERY. DAMN. POST. you can at least make sure you know what you're talking about.
    Fluttershy is best pony.